Spring 2023 SEC/ACC Virtual Career Fair
Are you still looking for an internship, co-op, or full-time job? Well, here's another chance at finding the job for you!
The FREE SEC & ACC Virtual Career Fair is another opportunity to find the job you've been looking for! With companies attending nationwide, you don't want to miss out!
Wednesday, April 5 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Central
Want to see who’s coming?
Here's a list of employers hiring.
Want to attend?
Click here to register to attend.
Want to know what to expect at this virtual event?
Check out these helpful resources:
Step-by-Step tutorial: Candidate Tutorial
How-to video: SEC/ACC Virtual Career Fair Event Day Video
Best Practices: Candidates Best Practices
Once you’ve set up an account, you’ll also be able to access some additional information under the Tutorials & Resources section of your dashboard.
Below is helpful information to help prepare for any career fair (virtual or in-person)...check it out!
Career Fair Prep
Need help with your resume?
This packet and video will help you prepare for the upcoming career fair by making sure your resume is in great shape!
Career Fair Prep | Video
Modern Resume | Packet
How to Write a Resume | Video
Wondering how to navigate a career fair (In-person or Virtual)?
Here are some quick tips!
Research the Companies
- Look for skills and experience they value
- Find key players of the organization
- Update yourself on news and recent events about company
- Identify the company culture, mission, and values
Create/Update Your Resume
- No typos and truthful
- Full page and include GPA if 3.0+
- Upload to Connections
Gather Your Professional Attire (even for virtual!)
- Suit/Tie OR Blazer/Tie/Slacks
- Skirt/Pant suit with coordinating blouse
Prep Your Technology for Virtual Events
- Use a stable device like a laptop or desktop (and an external mouse is helpful!)
- Check WiFi/Internet connection early
- Limit distractions by finding a quiet location and settling in for the fair (no driving, walking around, etc.)
Prepare Your Elevator Pitch
- Include name, major, classification
- Skills that are relevant to the position
- An experience that is relevant (internship, co-op)
“I’m Mary Smith, an Industrial Technology major here at MSU. I’m interested in learning more about opportunities with XYZ Company.”
If you have any questions about the Career Expo, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.