STRONG Interest Inventory
- Online interest inventory that compares your interests to people who are satisfied with their work.
- Helpful for people choosing or changing their major or students in any major who are wondering what types of career options might fit their interests.
- Students receive results and a 1-hour interpretation with a Career Center staff member.
- To obtain the link to the STRONG Assessment, call or email the Career Center to authorize payment using your Banner account.
- Follow the link provided via email to take the STRONG Assessment online.
- Call the Career Center to schedule a phone or video 1-hour appointment with a coordinator.
- The coordinator will provide you with your results via email prior to your appointment time.
- Online assessment that provides you with a 4-letter personality type, interests, values, and success factors related to career choices.
- Career suggestions and resources are tailored to your results.
- Site address: http://www.typefocus.com/
- Select New Users Start Here: Register Now
- Complete the demographic info, create a username and password, enter msu45 as the Access Code, and Submit
- Complete the four assessments listed: Personality Assessment, Interests, Values and Success Factors.
- After completing all assessments select Portfolio from the top menu ribbon to view results. Additionally, you can Explore occupations that fit within your assessment results, set Goals, review Job search tools, and learn about team Success and lifelong learning.
- Log in as often as needed to spend time looking through your reports.
O*Net Interest Profiler
- Online career assessment that can help you explore your interests and how they relate to the world of work.
- Immediate results that allow you to research careers of interest.
- Site address: https://www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip
- Complete the 60-question assessment, which takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
- See your results immediately and use the resources on the O-Net website to research careers.
- For additional help in reviewing your results, schedule an appointment with your career advisor to further discuss your career exploration and next steps.